Sunday, April 15, 2007

Privacy on the web

I find the discussion on personal privacy this week quite intriguing. It's amazing how some people are very sensitive and protective of their privacy while others are willing to share so many personal details on the web.
I'm surprised sometimes when I look at some of the myspace or online diary of other people. Among these, I would find pictures of themselves, their birthday, a very detail description of their activities (time, place, other people name) I wonder if they just don't think it's such a big deal or they are not aware of the potential danger of allowing random people to have access to this kind of information?
I personally feel very strongly about personal privacy and being very careful about it. I would be very careful about sharing them on the Internet because you'll never know who have access to it and what they can do to you.

No comments: